Wednesday, February 5, 2020

AYAMASE SAUCE



Hello people! 

It has indeed been a while. Apologies for the wait, I've had a longggggggggggg week plus some technical issues. All would be resolved as soon as possible. 
My week was literally crazy, my whole body hurts from physical exhuastion from work, driving and not getting enough sleep. Not to worry, i would be fine!
Speaking of which, let us get down to business, shall we?

As usual, let us make sure to lay out the ingredients so we've a mental picture of what we are working with. This way, we know what is missing.

                    


                      INGREDIENTS 

  1. Green pepper
  2. Green scotch bonnets
  3. Onions
  4. Palm oil
  5. Spices; salt, maggi
  6. Shredded beef
  7. Tripe
  8. Boiled eggs
  9.  Liver
  10. Cow skin
  11. Chicken 
P. S - You can make use of any protein of choice, i only listed the ones in the illustration!



                   PREPARATION 

  •   Set out all the ingredients as per usual and get ready to blend.



 P. S - I put the green peppers, scotch bonnets and onions into the blender before realizing lol 


  • I added two pieces of red chili peppers just because i can customize as i like. 

 



  • Blend altogether but not too smooth as we need for it to be a bit rough so as to achieve the consistency needed.



  • Place your pot on the stove and get your oil ready

  • Pour in your oil and let get heated until transparent. (I strongly suggest opening all the windows and air vents lol)


  • Pour the onions in and let it fry until translucent. Don't you just love the smell of fried onions lol

  • When certain that it is subtly fried, you may pour in your pepper now.

  • Mix in your pepper and leave to boil.


  • When the oil settles right onto of the sauce, pour in your protein of choice (tripe, beef, boiled eggs, et al) and stir right in.


  • Leave to fry and stir once, twice or maybe thrice so it doesn't burn and also to keep the spices locked in. When fully fried, the oil should totally be on top without any liquid. (You can take off excess oil and store in the freezer for a next use).




P. S - This sauce can be had with either rice or even pasta! I hope you enjoy and leave a comment if / when you try it out. I'm still considering what to settle for but I am leaning towards pasta, I would let you all know what i come up with in the next post lol. 

BYE FOR NOW GUYS!














3 comments:

  1. Definitely having this with rice... no cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. TBH YOU GUYS! Fatima's Ayamase sauce is the shiiiiii. I was still reminiscing from the one she last made me after long hours of looking for who to make a bowl of Ayamase to keep in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete

NIGERIAN PARTY JOLLOF RICE

Hello guys! Who missed me? So it has surely been a heck of a week, but here we are! I've been stressed and energized, down and bac...